Sunday, September 6, 2009

Special Parfait of the Week: Fushigi Yuugi

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Miaka Yuuki, an average middle school student caught up in studying for exams, is sucked into an ancient Chinese novel titled "The Universe of Four Gods". There she discovers that she is in an ancient country in what is now China, Konan, and is to be the Priestess of one of the four gods, Suzaku. As the priestess, her duty is to gather the Seven Seishi of Suzaku, who are to be her protectors. Once they are gathered, the priestess will summon the god Suzaku and bring peace between the warring lands, Konan and Kutou. But it's harder than it seems. Along the road, many hardships are faced, as Miaka's best friend Yui Hongo enters the book and becomes her rival, the priestess of Seiryuu in the land of Kutou. Who summons their god first is up to the courage and skill of the priestesses and their seishi, as they meet triumphs and tragedies along the way.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=178

I can clearly remember this anime because of the bishounen characters that I really loved even up to now. Fushigi is one of the anime that I have watched when I was a child. I rewatched this just last year and I am still getting hooked up by the story. It's kinda long, not to mention its accompanying OVAs. If I am not mistaken, it's about 50++ episodes since there are many story arcs in the story.

My favorite character have to be Hotohori followed by Tamahome. Both of them looks so cute and handsome but based in character, I prefer Hotohori more, not to mention that he is an emperor. Tamahome has a stronger appeal as compared to Hotohori. Gaah, it's really hard to compare both of them since the two are handsome in their own ways.

I think this anime is not for young kids since there are some explicit scenes in the episodes. And besides, I tried watching it as a kid and I can't understand some parts of the story since by small mind cannot decipher all things. If I remember it right, I think I am just watching because of being mesmerized by the bishounen characters.

Nevertheless....I still recommend this to everyone who would like to have a taste of history and romance and of course to those who want to drool over handsome and cool guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment