Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring 2010 1st Impressions: Hakuouki Episode 1

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Hakuouki
Based on Idea Factory's romance adventure game: Yukimura Chizuru has come to Kyoto looking for her father, a doctor who has gone missing. While there, she witnesses a fight between an Oni and the Shinsengumi. Taking her into custody, the Shinsengumi debates on what to do with Chizuru when they discover that she is the daughter of the doctor they are also looking for. The Shinsengumi then takes Chizuru along on their search after the missing doctor, from adventures to adventures.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11286
Life is now a bit light and so I was able to start my Spring anime watching galore, and first on my list is Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan.

To start with, let me introduce to you our characters for this Shinsengumi based series. Of course, these are the usual Shinsengumi people but now, they have a Studio Deen version for their faces. I am gonna start with the upper echelon of the group followed by the other members.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kondou
Captain 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Hijikata, a.k.a Toshi
Vice Captain

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sannan
Secretary 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Souji 


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saitou




Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sano


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Heisuke

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Shinpatsu


And now presenting the female lead role for Hakuouki:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Yukimura Chizuru

So now that I already presented the characters, it's time for me to say my initial thoughts about this series.

If you have read my previous posts, this series is one of the many series that I am looking forward to watch for the Spring season. And so far, I think this series shows a huge potential in terms of story line and the bishies that are present in the anime. After a few seasons of anime without any Shinsengumi as it theme, I got a bit excited and ecstatic to see another anime that is based on the Shinsengumi. It kinda brings me back to the Edo period and makes me remember the days that I went gaga over Rurouni Kenshin.

For the handsome-nability of the characters, for the first time, Hijikata caught my attention. Based on trend, it is usually Souji's character that I get to like. Surely, he will be one of the reasons why I will watch episode 2 after I finished downloading it this weekend. And that is also the main reason why I chose Hijikata to be the picture I placed above.

So please do expect my Episode 2 post some time soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm also happy to see the Edo period gloriously animated. So far I'm enjoying this title, and I think it will get even better. :crosses fingers:

    ReplyDelete
  2. @abandonedfactory..

    i am with you in wishing that this turns out well and will not break our expectations :D

    ReplyDelete