Sunday, April 4, 2010

Anime Review: Kimi ni Todoke

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Animation: Production I.G. | Director: Hiro Kaburaki | Original Creator: Karuho Shiina

Kuronuma Sawako is nicknamed Sadako due to her resemblance to the girl from the Japanese horror movies "The Ring". Shunned by her classmates, her life starts to change as she befriends Shōta Kazehaya, a very popular boy in her class.
Kuronuma Sawako’s one wish in life is to make friends. That’s a difficult proposition when everyone who meets her cowers in terror. She admires her classmate, Kazehaya-kun, a popular, easygoing and 100% refreshing guy who is nice with everyone, even with her.


[OVERALL IMPRESSION]
Photobucket

I only got the liberty to finish this now, all thanks to the long holiday for this week so I am sorry for posting this a bit late.

I am not posting per episode for this series due to my extremely busy life but I do love this story so much!!! Every episode that I watch makes me remember the glory and sweetness of being in love. Those head over heels moments, those blushing and teasing and the uneasiness of being with the person that you like rushes back into me as I watch Kimi ni Todoke. Too bad, the anime has already ended in a span of 25 episodes.

If you really know me, most of the anime series that captures my heart are those that are shoujo in genre. I guess that's because I am a hopeless romantic and is still looking for my own Kazehaya. I kinda use this as a venue to project what I really feel and I always end up imagining as if I am the leading lady of the show. For some aspects, I am closely like to Sawako who only have a small group of people whom she consider as friends...as in FRIENDS. But the thing is, my Kazehaya is not yet there so I am still waiting around for him.

So much about me and more about the series itself, I felt really bad that the anime ended with Sawako realizing that Kazehaya is someone special for her. Kazehaya is someone that he loves and he likes and not just any other friend that she has. I kinda preferred to end the anime with them being together or at the very least, they have already confessed what they really feel about one another. But since this expectation, I expect a Season 2, right?

On the other hand, it is also nice that the two of them hadn't confessed yet because they look so cute with each other. Since both of them are so conscious in front of each other and since both of them would want to understand one another, every moment that they share together becomes very special for the two of them. Those blushing, shyness and mumbling moments are really nice and lovely to watch. They are so cute together that you would really, really, really wish for them to be just together since it's obvious that they like each other.

I am glad that Sawako landed with friends who are willing to support her all the way. They are also so keen with the different distractions Sawako will encounter because she likes Kazehaya. Because of them, Sawako was able to spend very special moments with Kazehaya especially during her 16th birthday and New Year's Eve. Kazehaya, too, had the right venue and opportunity to make his move to get to know Sawako even better. With that type of friends who will support them, no problem will be too hard for this very young couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment